Sunday 15 January 2012

More Sunday baking

Happy Sunday everyone,


Spirits have been heightened ever so slightly here at casa Made in Suisse, and although I still feel under the weather, I have started taking photos again for the blog and have felt a bit more proactive in the last couple of days which can only be a good sign. I apologise once again for how quiet it has been here for the last month or so but I am quite confident that this phase is only temporary...

Anyhow, the sun has been shinning this weekend which has helped tremendously with embracing a more positive attitude. I thought yesterday that baking could only help me on the way to recovery, so I embarked on a second recipe from the Green & Black's baking book I was given for Christmas. This time, I followed a recipe to make chocolate banana bread...I knew I was onto something good!


Assisted by my faithful sous-chef:


...the recipe was very easy and the cake mix was ready in minutes


Instead of using a cake tin to make banana bread, I decided to make muffins to use my new silicone muffin tray bought at the Zürich Christmas market.


Cool or slightly warm, these were delicious although I must admit that the one I had straight out of the oven was heavenly! Banana+ chocolate = yes please!


We are off to Meilen today to enjoy a Sunday lunch of freshly caught fish in one of the farms we used to live next to. Every couple of months, that farm organises a Sunday lunch with local produces in a converted barn and we are very much looking forward to going back to Meilen for the day!

Until next time ;-)

1 comment:

JuanitaTortilla said...

Fresh fish for lunch sounds like the perfect way to spend a Sunday! And a very sunny but blistery Sunday today is :)

Those banana chocolate muffins look like they are ready for some sharing among friends...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...