Wednesday 25 January 2012

A craft legacy

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my hand-made card. I hope the receiver will appreciate it too. It is time for me to reveal the reason behind the card...

Mr T's parents came over last week from the UK for a few days and Mr T's mum gave me a parcel from Mr T's nan. Mr T's nan is a wonderful crafter and has a real talent for cross-stitch and embroidery. Sadly, with age, she now finds it too fiddly to work with small needles and she has had to give up. Mr T's nan has 4 grand-daughters, none of which interested in crafts, so she decided that her craft legacy should come to me. I was very touched.

So this is how I unexpectedly ended up with many packs full of cross-stitch projects:


Embroidery hoops


And a small fortune worth of embroidery thread!



I have never tried my hand at embroidery so I need to find some easy projects to start practising... Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Jan said...

How lovely to think of you to give these lovely items to. I'm sure you will soon find lots of projects to keep you busy :) I hope to see some of your endeavours soon.

Jan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...