Monday 9 January 2012

Singing the January Blues

Good evening Made in Suisse followers,

I would like to start the New Year apologising for the lack of posting over the last couple of weeks. After a busy start to December at work, the second half of the month was spent on stay-cation in Brugg which I was quite excited about, thinking I’d be able to catch up on sleep and blogging! However, it didn’t quite work out this way; I did spend most of my holidays at home but feeling poorly and rather pathetically sorry for myself. The ubiquitous winter bug had caught up with both Mr T and myself, rather spoiling our holidays, the Christmas spirit and most of my good intentions (blogging, cleaning the carpet on the stairs, household paperwork etc…). I have started work again last week and I have been since hit by the Big Bad January Blues… the one some of you out there may also know: after the buzz of November and early December getting ready for Christmas, the holidays never really live up to your expectations and then you reach January and the weather and your post-Christmas bloated appearance make you want to cry. Yep that one…

I am still trying to shake that bad monster off and haven’t really been up to much crafting or anything really as a result. However, in an attempt to snap out of it and to make good use of a great present received by a dear friend from Glasgow for Christmas, I baked some chocolaty goodies yesterday!

 This book is full of truly scrumptious recipes using Green & Black's chocolate (although any truly dark chocolate- min. 70% cocoa- will do) and the pictures themselves make your stomach beg for attention. I am very keen to try many of the recipes but as Mr T is lactose-intolerant and otherwise very particular with his chocolate puddings I chose a safe recipe.



These are called “Brownie crisps” and are just like a thin and crisp version of brownies. We used some of the walnuts we had collected during our autumn walks in Meilen and this recipe obtained both our seals of approval. I hope to feel motivated to resume a more “normal” blogging frequency soon although I am not sure how “chatty” I will feel in the next few days after my birthday tomorrow and the inevitable “one year older” hangover that will ensue (not alcohol induced -I wished- the OTHER kind…)

Until happier days…

1 comment:

swisssidejewelleryetc said...

Hi there!
Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit blue - think chocolate is good for that! Hope you are feeling better soon. I enjoy your blog and have been meaning to leave a comment for a while....Loved that review of 2011 with the great pics....
Take care
Vicky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...