Thursday 19 May 2011

You can trust kids to...

1. (sometimes) be really sweet when you need cheering up. My 6 years old niece came up to me with a folded piece of paper saying she had a present for me. I am now the proud owner of a trendy teddy bear necklace she has made!


2. often not require much to be happy. I made chips for lunch today, took them to the cinema to see "Rio" and bought some popcorn.  They have (mostly) been smiling all day and later told me they had an awesome time. Wouldn't it be nice sometimes to be that age again and feel content with the little things we do everyday?

Thanks to all of you who left a comment or emailed me on Tuesday after reading my post. It was really nice to read your kind words and I felt better for it. Yes, I am still gutted about it, but I believe that there must be a place for me in Swiss academia! If I managed to get a researcher position at Imperial College London (ranked 3rd best university in Europe), I must be able to find something (anything?) over here...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...