Wednesday 7 September 2011

Card making

Some of you may remember my post back in April about how I conquered my fear...of cross-stitching!


Easter was long gone by the time I finished this sample so I kept it tucked away in my craft box to be put to good use next year. In the mean time, my lovely friend Vic sent me a couple more of these cross stitch packs (I think she buys them from Hobbycraft in the UK) and I completed this little fella:



I think I managed OK on both and decided to turn them into cards that I can send people for special occasions (Easter or a gecko birth?). I bought some plain cards and envelopes from Migros and put my thinking cap on.



All I needed to do was to split one of these cards in 2 and make a frame out of each halves. I glued the corner of the cross stitch sample onto the front of another card and carefully stuck the frame on top of it.



It took less than 10 minutes to make these 2 cards and it is nice to see that these small crafty bits are put to good use!



What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yea really like them! I tried to do a cross stitch cat but it didn't work out too well. Def want to have another go!

Vic said...

Lovely! They are from Hobbycraft x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...