Sunday 16 September 2012

Photo board

Happy Handmade Monday everyone,
 
This week's project cost me absolutely nothing which was brilliant as I just used up things I had lying about the house. I was inspired by a piece of polysterene found in an old IKEA package...yes you read me right!



I thought that with a bit of glue and some fabric I had left over from previous projects (cat cuddly toy and toy bag), I could turn this polysterene rectangle into a nice photo board for Baby Suisse's room, and within about 5 minutes, I did!


 

I cut a piece of fabric slightly wider than the rectangle, trimmed the corners and carefully folded them over before gluing into place.



And that's how it looked from the front:


All that was left to do was adding two pieces of ribbon and some craft pegs to hold pictures in place et voilà!


Cheap and cheerful! The crowd over at Wendy's Handmade Harbour probably have slightly more skillful projects to share with you :-)

17 comments:

Free Spirit Designs said...

this is great! sometimes the simplest ideas are the best :) especially when they're free!! x

Wendy said...

Wow - I love things that are simple, cheap (and you don't get cheaper than free!) and effective. Just brilliant.

CatkinJane said...

Brilliant!

Having just packed all my "stuff" to move my workroom I could do with finding a few projects that just use what I already have!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with this project at all. I like the way that it uses up something that has no other obvious use and so would normally get thrown away!

Ally said...

I think it is lovely and skilful too. I certainly couldn't do it!

Jan said...

It's a great idea, love the little craft pegs.
It's surprising what you can do with a few bits hanging around the house and a bit of imagination.

Jan X

fatmonica said...

It's inspired!What a great idea and it looks fab!

MyTurquoiseQueen said...

I like the fabric you chose, very nice to co-ordinate with things already made. x

Laptop Lifestyle Living said...

FAB idea!! I might have to 'borrow' it for the girls playroom, maybe for their artwork or pictures. It looks great :o)

Unknown said...

What a clever idea... I am now kicking myself at the memory of all those pieces of polystyrene I have dispatched to the dump!

Little Harriet said...

What a great idea, the little pegs are cute.

Bev Newman said...

Love it, really simple idea but looks fantastic

AliceAndFlorence said...

Great idea, will be sorting fabrics out this week, could give your project a go!

Stephen @ Soy of the North said...

Great idea. Even better that it was free to make :-D

Handbags by Helen said...

Lovely idea and I love the stripy fabric

Bea said...

Super neat!

Vikki said...

Great work! Love being creative en Suisse too. I'm an expat who has found her creative side since moving out in furniture painting and teaching workshops for those fellow creative shabby chic people. Keep up the good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...