Sunday 9 September 2012

Dragon mobile part II

19/03/2012 Dragon mobile part I

Good morning everyone and welcome to Handmade Monday!

I can't believe it has nearly been 6 months since I first posted about this project. As always, I started with buckets of enthusiasm which somewhat fizzled out very rapidly. I am not even sure why it has taken me 6 months to complete this mobile as it is far from complicated and even though there is quite a bit of hand-sewing involved, it isn't rocket science!
 
I feel that I have to start from the beginning again as March is a long long time away even for you readers who undoubtedly have been gifted with a better memory than I!


I used a polysterene ring covered with ruban to hang my dragons from. That was the easiest (and quickest!) part. Thanks to the wonders of Google, I came across this fab tutorial for felt dragons and my first dragon was born that very same day.


Fast forward 3 months and I still only had one more dragon to my tally as I got side-tracked with other sewing project.


Fast forward another 3 months and Baby Suisse had arrived early and the mobile was still half-finished...not good! Enthusiasm was finally rekindled last week when we had a friend staying over and the mobile was finally ready for its big reveal after a couple of hours work.




All that was needed was some transparent fishing wire to hang the ring to a mobile arm which had been bought second-hand and attached to the bed et voilà!



YEAH!!! Some of you may also spot the new bunting I made for Baby Suisse's room with the same fabric I used for his cot-bumper and toy bag.


Phew... that's me all crafted out for the weekend. I'll grab a cup of coffee and go over to Wendy's Handmade Harbour to get some inspiration from wonderfully gifted peeps :-)

10 comments:

Highland Monkey's said...

I know what you mean about fizzling out...I do it a lot! Great mobile those little dragons are so cute.

MyTurquoiseQueen said...

Very beautiful, very unusual and very very well done you. Joanna

Myth Illogical said...

It was worth waiting for I think- really lovely mobile. The dragons are great.

Wendy said...

I think you have the perfect excuse in Baby Suisse for your go-slow-crafting! Lovely finished mobile though!

Kat Shenton said...

Ohhhh need the dragon pattern. So very cool.

Handbags by Helen said...

Glad you got around to finishing. Love those cute little pastelly dragons

Anonymous said...

It looks great! It is so much more special when you make something for you little one :-)

Anonymous said...

I bet you are pleased that you finished this project. It is lovely and is so special as you made it - a real keep sake.

Jan said...

I've 'fizzled out' on many projects, some I end up finishing others are left, I bet you glad this was finished, it looks lovely.
The bunting looks good too, it's great to have matching things.

Jan x

guscameron85 said...

Wow! there's even a ginger one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...