Sunday 21 July 2013

Quick knits

Hello again everyone,

Thank you very much for your kind messages on my knitted socks last week. They gave me enough confidence to maybe attempt knitting a third pair...at some point in the future :-)


I had some sock wool left and decided to attempt knitting some cute little baby booties for a friend's baby. I used a pattern found in this book,

, a book that had been gifted to me while I was expecting Baby Suisse and which I had already used to knit him a woolly hat last winter. I really like the colour of the booties although I can't believe how small they are (how quickly one forgets how tiny babies' hands and feet are). Using some more wool I had kicking about in my stash, I decided to slightly adapt the pattern for a hat I had used in the past for myself (which you can also find on Ravelry, follow my link on the side of the blog) and which I posted on Handmade Monday in October 2011.


The giant button on the front of the hat has always been my favourite part of this hat. It is obviously to big for the little baby girl just now but it'll be handy to survive the Glaswegian winter in a few months time. Once again, waste not, want not, I used the left over wool to make a neckwarmer for one of my nieces for this winter too (pattern found on Ravelry page once again). 


All items have been posted to their new home this week. After the socks' debacle, it was very satisfying to get not 1 but 3 projects done in a short amount of time! And no, there's nothing wrong with being a little bit smug from time to time :-)

Come and join me browsing at Handmade Monday!

7 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

Cool fast knits. The socks look so adorable.

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

I missed the socks last week, but your little shoes look adorable, as does the hat. The wool you've used is beautiful.
Happy making.

CatkinJane said...

Gorgeous wools, and gorgeous makes. I keep looking at all these wonderful things people knit and wonder whether to try and learn (again!)

Anonymous said...

You should be smug too. Three items in a short time is really good going. Those booties are just so adorable...

Unknown said...

Oh how I love those little baby booties!

Ginx Craft said...

Love the little shoes. The wool is very pretty.

Lucy Blossom said...

Really cute booties and hat too - I love the button detail. Well done for using up your leftover wool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...