Wednesday 29 August 2012

Something to look at...

I must admit that the concept of knitting tea towels seemed very strange, if not pointless, the first time I came across it...surely you wouldn't want to wipe and dry your hands on something that has been knitted...


I then saw pictures of knitted tea towels on Ravelry (don't forget you can click on the Ravelry button on my left handside bar to find me there) and decided to give the Mitered Hanging Towel pattern by  Cristina Bernardi Shiffman a go. That was almost 3 years ago and a few weeks back I completed my third knitted tea towel.



Not that I have changed my mind about drying my wet hands on them...I just like to see them hang in my kitchen but I would never dare use them as tea towels. Is that sad?? (well, actually you don't have to reply to that one).

Am I the only one making things and then not using them as they were intended because they're too pretty?

1 comment:

Bea said...

If I had the talent to knit a tea towel, then I not might want to use them either. :)

Heck, I've purchased a few lovely towels that I felt were too pretty to use, and they've ended up living in a drawer for the past year, or so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...